There are currently no product reviews.
The AKAI 1720 model reel to reel tape recorder described in this Manual is quite an old unit - circa late 1960's. As a consequence, the description of the mechanical details - and adjustments thereof - is quite critical. The manual does this quite well. The schematics are also well presented and have detailed PCB overlays. Probably the only negative is that some half-tone detail has been lost from the original manual as it has been scanned in simple B&W.
Perfect source for service manuals: fast and professional transaction; high quality, perfect readable and largely scaleable PDF; complete schemes, diagrams and spare part list. Tnx a lot, cu again!!!!
I got your link from a friend and I must say that I am really satisfied with your service. Specially this B&O manual I didn't find anywhere on the web... but you could deliver it :-) . You deliver very fast and the copy is of good quality. So your webpage is bookmarked. Thanks
This was the Sony CCU-500A Service manual I was looking for.
The price was reasonable.
The permission to download was quck.
I will use Owner-Manual.com for all my manual needs.
Excellent printing quality.
A complete and very usefull service manual with all details.
GREAT SERVICE AT VERY LOW PRICE!
4.7.8 PURITY AND CONVERGENCE PURITY ADJUSTMENT (1) Demagnetize CRT with the demagnetizer.
WEDGE DEFLECTION YOKE
(2) Loosen the retainer screw of the deflection yoke.
(3) Remove the wedges.
(4) Input a green raster signal from the signal generator, and turn the screen to green raster.
(5) Move the deflection yoke backward.
P/C MAGNETS P : PURITY MAGNET 4 : 4 POLES (convergence magnets) 6 : 6 POLES (convergence magnets)
(6) Bring the long lug of the purity magnets on the short lug and position them horizontally. (Fig.2)
Fig.1 (7) Adjust the gap between two lugs so that the GREEN RASTER will come into the center of the screen. (Fig.3)
(8) Move the deflection yoke forward, and fix the position of the deflection yoke so that the whole screen will become green.
(9) Insert the wedge to the top side of the deflection yoke so that it will not move.
(10) Input a crosshatch signal.
Bring the long lug over the short lug and position them horizontally.
Fig.2 (11) Verify that the screen is horizontal.
(12) Input red and blue raster signals, and make sure that purity is properly adjusted.
(FRONT VIEW) GREEN RASTER