Very comprehensive document which is a must-have for any Satellit 2100 owner whose set up is somewhat intricate. Due to the bad quality of the pictures that are rather dark and a bit blurred I gave 4-star feedback.
The manual was missing 2 pages but when I presented the problem to the company they made every attempt to get the 2 pages to me, when they couldn't they refunded my money. A very pleasing and easy transaction. The manual they provided was the original, it was concise and to the point. I plan to do business with this company again when should the need arise.
Text excerpt from page 68 (click to view)
11. â¢Depending on the light source, the 1/25 shutter speed may be deactivated in order to reduce the shakiness in the picture. 12. â¢The Squeeze mode is selected. 13. â¢"PHOTO FRAME" is set to "OFF" in the system menu. â¢The Cinema mode is engaged, disabling the white border. 14. â¢10X optical zoom is selected. â¢The Video Echo effect is activated. â¢Picture Wipe or Dissolve are being used in a scene transition. â¢5-Second recording was done with the Power Dial set to â5Sâ, and with â5SDâ selected in the System Menu. â¢Snapshot Dissolve was attempted during Digital Zoom. 15. â¢The Power Dial is set to â A â. â¢The Power Dial is set to â5Sâ. 16. â¢The Sepia or Monotone effects are activated. 17. â¢P.AE/Effects Sepia, Monotone or Slow are activated. â¢The Squeeze mode is selected. â¢The previously selected P.AE/Effect was changed after the last selected scene for editing was registered. 11.
11. Even though âGAIN UPâ was set to â A â, scenes shot in dark places are not brightened. 12. Snapshot mode cannot be used. 13. Although the SNAPSHOT button is pressed, the white border does not appear. 14. Digital Zoom doesnât work.
12. â¢ Disengage the Squeeze mode ( pg. 31). 13. â¢ Set âPHOTO FRAMEâ to âONâ in the system menu ( pg. 35). â¢ Disengage the Cinema mode ( pg. 31). 14. â¢ Turn off the Video Echo effect ( pg. 43). â¢ Wait until the Picture Wipe or Dissolve effects are completed ( pg. 38). â¢ Change the setting of either the System Menu or the Power Dial ( pg. 34). â¢ Do not attempt to take a Snapshot when performing Digital Zoom ( pg. 25).
15. P.AE/Effects and Fade/ Wipe Effects donât work.
15. â¢ Set the Power Dial to â M â ( pg. 18). â¢ Change the setting of the Power Dial. 16. â¢ Turn off Sepia and Monotone ( pg. 42). 17. â¢ Turn off Sepia and Monotone before adding Dissolve to a scene transition ( pg. 42). â¢ Make sure that the Squeeze mode in the Recording Menu is set to âOFFâ ( pg. 30). â¢ Make sure you have selected the P.AE/Effects you want before starting editing ( pg. 42). 18.
16. The Black & White Fader doesnât work. 17. The Dissolve function doesnât work.
18. Scene transition does not go as expected.
18. â¢When using âPicture Wipe/ Dissolveâ ( pg. 38) or âDissolves during 5 second mode recordingâ ( pg. 28), there is a delay of a fraction of a second between the previous record stop-point and the Dissolve start-point. This is normal, but this slight delay becomes especially noticeable when shooting fast-moving subject or during rapid panning.